East and West Beckham (approx 20% within AONB)
South of the A148 inland from Sheringham. The Norfolk Coast Cycleway regional route 30 passes through.
Parish Council website: http://beckhamewpc.norfolkparishes.gov.uk/
The villages are about two miles from end to end. The spring at the center of the two villages is the start of the Beck or stream from which the village gets its name.
The Parish Church of St Helen and All Saints was built during the second half of the 19th century to replace a medieval church. The churchs construction is unusual in that it is not only shingled on the outside, it is shingled on the inside as well. The shingle of the interior walls are banded with red brick in the Puginesque style. Much of the building material was re-cycled from to early churches that stood in the village.
James Gresham (14421497), Lord of the Manor of East Beckham, was the grandfather of the Sir John Gresham who founded Gresham's School in Holt in 1555 and the great-grandfather of Sir Thomas Gresham who established Gresham College and the Royal Exchange in the City of London.