(approx 80% within the AONB)
The village is located on the A148 which links Cromer to King's Lynn, 1.7 miles east of the town of Holt.
Parish Council website: http://high-kellingpc.norfolkparishes.gov.uk
High Kelling is a quite recent creation! The village of Kelling a couple of miles away on the North Sea coast is an historic settlement, but High Kelling was virtually non-existent until the early 1900's.
A few residences grew around the TB Hospital that now is the core of Kelling Hospital and development accelerated just before and especially after the Second World War.
The present civil Parish was created from parts of Holt, Bodham and Kelling in 1987.
High Kellings Church of England Church All Saints was originally the chapel to Bramblewood Sanatorium (which cared for TB patients). It was acquired by the parishioners in 1955 and is now incorporated into the ecclesiastical parish of Holt with High Kelling.
One remarkable building, Voewood, is well worth mentioning. Voewood is the great house of the Arts & Crafts movement and much of the material was quarried from the land it was built on. The house organically grew out of the ground and only local craftsmen were employed.
Voewood website: http://www.voewood.com