(all parish lies within AONB)
The village is 4. north of North Walsham and 6 miles east of Cromer
Parish Council website: http://giminghamvillage.weebly.com/parish-council.html
Known as Gimingeham in the Domesday Book - thought to come from homestead (ham) of Gymmas people (Anglo-Saxon warlord whose people settled here in 5th to 6th Century)and has appeared in several different versions. In 1192 as Gumingham, in 1211 it appears as Gemingehem.
A feature of the village is the mill pond fed from the River Mun which stretches along the western edge of the main street and is very popular with local fisherman.
Close by is the rebuilt corn mill, the original watermill burnt down in 1979. The pit for the original water wheel still remains, as does the old diesel engine, which provided power to the mill for many years.