Delivery driver contract - Appointed
We are seeking a self-employed person to help us with delivery of Norfolk Coast Partnership products to stockists through-out the Norfolk Coast area. The products will usually consist of bundles of our newspaper (the Norfolk Coast Guardian), leaflets, books, cards and posters.
The role will involve:
- Between 1 and 4 days per month from March to December, with delivery days to be spread across the month rather than grouped together.
- Immediate start in May, on allocation of the contract.
- Approx. 70 miles driving per day, covering approx. 50 drop-offs.
- Sole delivery of our products on the day, not mixed with any other delivery rounds or products.
- Collection of the products from our Fakenham storage at the start of each day.
- Multiple small deliveries to a growing number of stockists on a varied cycle of delivery timings.
- Maintenance of accurate delivery records.
- Handling some small amounts of cash.
- Deliver the contract on a self-employed basis, hold all relevant insurances, including public liability and vehicle insurance, and comply with all legal requirements, including maintenance of appropriate risk assessments.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence.
- Use a suitable delivery vehicle with the appropriate weight carrying capacity – a small van is preferable due to the narrow roads and tight access.
- Be physically capable of lifting and carrying the products.
- Be good at time management and have a good working knowledge of the geography of the Norfolk Coast.
- Have a flexible approach to working with Norfolk Coast Partnership staff and volunteers.
- Be personable, capable of representing the Norfolk Coast Partnership to our stockists and of spotting opportunities for new stockists or for existing stockists to extend their range of our products.
- Provide appropriate training.
- Provide a list of stockists and their locations.
- Check with stockists and confirm delivery plans with you at least one week in advance.
- Accompany you on some delivery runs.
If interested, please respond by email to email@example.com with:
- A paragraph explaining your previous experience and why you would like to work with us (provision of a CV is optional).
- Brief responses to our requirements (as listed above).
- A quotation for a day rate, based on 7 hours per day and including all costs (e.g.fuel).
If you are shortlisted, we'll arrange to meet you for a chat and, if you are successful, we'll book a mutually convenient date in May to start the contract.
You can find out more about the Norfolk Coast Partnership at www.norfolkcoastaonb.org.uk.