Blakeney was the third most important port in Norfolk when the Guildhall was built in the 15th century
Blakeney Guildhall, High Street, Blakeney
(close to the Quay)
Open daily during daylight hours
Information from English Heritage. Originally may have been a merchant's house but by 1516 was home to Blakeney's guild of fish merchants. In the mid-19th century the undercroft was used for storing coal, which was traded along the coast between Newcastle and London until the haven began to silt up and the port rapidly declined. In the First World War the Guildhall served as a temporary mortuary for shipwrecked sailors.